Hulu is one of the most popular TV and movie streaming services for good reason. It’s the perfect complement and counterpoint to Netflix, with a huge variety of familiar shows from networks like ABC, Fox and NBC that you can watch soon after they air, as well as a growing catalog of its own critically acclaimed original series. If you have $6 per month to spare and don’t mind trading a few ads for a wealth of TV options, Hulu is a no-brainer.
- Low monthly fee for base plan.
- New shows available soon after they air on networks.
- Excellent selection of familiar TV.
- Strong slate of original programs.
- Fewer original series than Netflix and Amazon Prime.
- Ad-free experience isn’t as good a value.
- Complex menus can be confusing.
Netflix has loads more original shows and no commercials, but Hulu has three big advantages over the streaming service