McLaren has said on more than one occasion that it absolutely, positively. So how is the brand catering to customers who desire a softer, gentler McLaren? Meet the new GT.
- Sharp styling that turns heads
- Powerful, emotive V8 engine
- Stellar driving dynamics
- Beautifully crafted interior with high-quality materials
- Laggy infotainment lacks smartphone connectivity
- Missing some key luxury and driver-assistance features
That’s “GT” as in “grand tourer,” a McLaren for folks who want to cover great distances in great comfort, presumably at great speeds. On those criteria, the GT is as perfectly suited for long-haul duty as any of McLaren’s other products — it is most definitely a supercar at its core.
I mean that literally. The GT uses the same layout and construction as McLaren’s other cars: carbon-fiber tub