Visual Studio Code tweaks problem navigation, screencast mode
Visual Studio Code 1.63, a new release of Microsoft’s code editor published December, provides new capabilities in spots this sort of as navigation, command display screen, and extensions. Downloadable from the Visual Studio Code website, Visual Studio Code 1.63 also is acknowledged as the November 2021 release.
Between the new capabilities, developers now can determine the type purchase for Go to Up coming Trouble and Go to Former Trouble navigation. Formerly, the purchase of navigation was dependent on severity, displaying glitches 1st, then warnings, then the relaxation. A new Difficulties: Kind Get location now lets buyers navigate issues both by severity or position. When utilizing
"issues.sortOrder": "position", a warning on line five will be demonstrated in advance of an error on line 13, for case in point.
A further new characteristic lets developers pick to present command names as they bring about them through keyboard shortcuts in screencast manner. Builders can use the ScreenCast Method: Keyboard Shortcuts structure (
screencastMode.keyboardShortcutsFormat) location to configure this behavior.
In other places in Visual Studio Code 1.63:
- Pre-release extensions are supported, enabling buyers to opt in to put in them and try out the most current functions from extensions. An further Set up Pre-Launch version possibility is integrated in the extension Set up fall-down menu.
- Coloration themes offered in the Visual Studio Market can be previewed prior to set up.
- The NPM scripts check out displays more details about scripts. Also, a new location,
npm.scriptExplorerExclude, lets buyers specify scripts to exclude from the NPM scripts check out.
notebook.markup.fontSizelocation lets buyers regulate the font measurement of the notebook Markdown information.
- Syntax highlighting is supported for fenced code blocks inside of Markdown cells.
- TypeScript 4.five ships with Visual Studio Code 1.63.
- Approach signature completions permit developers promptly override procedures and put into practice interface procedures.
- For Unicode, unheard of invisible figures in source code now are highlighted by default.
- The Extension Pack for Java now has an in-merchandise welcome practical experience to enable buyers configure and learn about Java in VS Code.
- In VS Code for the World-wide-web, now in preview, a new keyboard shortcut has been additional to the Data files hub in Azure Repos. When in a repository in the Data files hub, push
.to open the repository in https://vscode.dev.
Previous month’s release, Visual Studio Code 1.62, concentrated on spots this sort of as look for icons and the workbench.
Copyright © 2021 IDG Communications, Inc.