Objectives of CompTIA Network Plus Certification 2009 Edition
Exam N10-004 is one of the CompTIA’s certification examinations and the exam name is CompTIA network plus 2009 edition certification. This certification is internationally recognized where it provides the candidates with technical knowledge in foundation level of networking practitioners. Successful certified candidates will have knowledge and skills that are necessary to maintain, manage, installation, operating and configuring the basic network infrastructure, describing the network technology, basic designing principles as well as usage of the testing tools etc.
Prerequisites for this examination:
For writing this examination, it is recommended for the candidates to have knowledge in the following concepts and they are:
1) Knowledge in CompTIA A+ certification or its equivalent course. It is not mandatory but it is recommended.
2) Candidates must at least 9 to 12 months of work experience in the networking field from any level organization.
The following are the CompTIA network plus certification 2009 edition exam objective and also the percentage of questions from each section. They are:
1) Networking technologies- 20% questions
2) Network topologies and media- 20% questions
3) Network devices- 17% questions
4) Management in network- 20% questions
5) Network tools- 12% questions
6) Network security- 11% questions
Other details of the examination:
Examination can be registered at any one of the Pearson VUE centers or in Pearson website online. Exam fee cost around 250 USD that can be paid through credit card online and after payment, candidates will be redirected to the exam scheduling page where they can schedule their exam time, date as well as sessions according to their convenience. Exam fee doesn’t include with any tax or discount and the fee may differ in each country because of the exchange rate in the daily market.